Socialist Freedom Party

One of the eUSA's oldest political parties, SFP is a party of solidarity, individuality, freedom, and revolutionary thinking!

Join the Revolution and help mold the future of the New World!
 
HomeHome  SFP ConstitutionSFP Constitution  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Hey there. I'm Senry. You might know me by many names, but I only actually have one name (for simplicity's sake).

How are you, SFP? Do you still love me?

Read my article(s):

[Senry4CP] Senry, Seeking election.
https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2629290/1/20

[Senry4CP] Wildcard!
https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2629539/1/20

Ask me questions.

Tear my apart.

Make me prove my love.


Last edited by Senryaku on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WookyJack
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
avatar

Posts : 1138
Join date : 2014-10-29

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 am

Hi Senry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:46 am

Hi bubs. UwU
Back to top Go down
Ilene Dover
Insurgent
Insurgent
avatar

Posts : 244
Join date : 2016-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 am

Good lord, I've got to lead the questions for you too... :-/


You outline some problems in your article, around participation on the world stage and how we don't really work together. Why don't we work together? If you've been Sexretary of Defence for the best part of the last year, hasn't it been your job to get that enormous EZC Airborne damage harnessed for national purposes? Why do we still have to work hard to win airborne rounds against a lower middle order power like the UK? I


Some less specific questions:
- What's your stance on blacklisting, and the recent fetish for trying to exclude SFP members "just because"?
- What's your opinion on the dictatorship law?
- Pick any eAmericans from history for your cabinet. Who, in what roles and why?
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Ilene Dover wrote:
Good lord, I've got to lead the questions for you too...  :-/


You outline some problems in your article, around participation on the world stage and how we don't really work together.  Why don't we work together?  If you've been Sexretary of Defence for the best part of the last year, hasn't it been your job to get that enormous EZC Airborne damage harnessed for national purposes?  Why do we still have to work hard to win airborne rounds against a lower middle order power like the UK?  I


Some less specific  questions:
-  What's your stance on blacklisting, and the recent fetish for trying to exclude SFP members "just because"?
-  What's your opinion on the dictatorship law?
-  Pick any eAmericans from history for your cabinet.  Who, in what roles and why?

When you say work well together, I assume you mean Pacifica. So the problem with Pacifica right now is how split we are as an alliance in terms of goals, orientations (towards other allies), and really just willingness to communicate effectively to eachother overall. Or that's my assessment. I've never been invovled in major FA talks, but getting in touch with foreign MoDs and talking to them in order to achieve maximum damage directed to any given battle, whether it's ours or theirs, it can break out into infighting surprisingly easily.

Now, when talking about Airborne damage, you need to remember that only 1/4 rounds, that's 6 hours minimum between each air round, are actually air rounds. At a certain point it's no longer a question of getting people involved and hitting where we want them to in air, but a question of time. If I wasn't as active, I'd find it incredibly easy to miss an air round, especially when working on a strict schedule. To add to this, there is no true patriot for sky, meaning that people are dis-incentivized from fighting in a round unless they're going for Sky Hero medals. A fair few of our people are Sky Hero hunters. However, that doesn't mean that our damage isn't going into air. A good 40-50% of our overall air damage this week has gone into our air rounds. That's compared to 65% ground damage.

I don't think these numbers are perfect, but they're more or less realistic. Can we do better? Sure. Probably. One of the things I want to do is be more liberal and casual with combat orders than we've been, since we have so much money, to incentivize our citizens to fight in the right battles.

When it comes to US vs. UK and how we've been losing, it's not a question of internal organization. It's more of a question of FA. I've been trying to gather as much international support as I can, as SecDef, but the state of our alliance right now has really not been good for doing that. These are the damage breakdown graphs for the past three battles we've had. I think it displays the problem pretty well.


It's a problem that right now I'll only vaguely say I'll try to 'fix' along with my FA team. To just bring Pacifica closer. And while risking sounding like Donald Trump, Pacifica's organiziational skills are horrible right now, absolutely attrocious. We're a laughing stock.

---

- I was almost blacklisted for doing next to nothing, during one of the TDK incidents. To be honest, that was a fairly scary time for me, to be so close to being kicked out of everything like that. It's not something I'd put another person through "just because", even if they did care less about being involved in as many ways as they can, like how I usually am.

- Regarding the dictatorship law, or really any 'strange' in-game mechanic, I think it's always wise to follow the path of Romania and Serbia. This is because game admins have often demonstrated clear bias towards Romania, who will often pass information on to it's close friends. Many other strong countries continue to maintain dictatorships. They have faced coups when they were out of dictatorships, like one time I recall Trico I think it was, 1v1'ing Serbia more or less, because they had no dictatorship at the time.

Hence, I think the Dictatorship needs to remain for the time being, despite of hearing people saying that they disagree with it personally or that it's affecting the playerbase. I could see it affecting us more than other countries, because America Freedom rah rah... But in the way the game is designed at this moment, it would be very irresponsible to take it down because of that.

That doesn't mean that some aspects of our particular 'meta' aren't pretty terrible for welcoming new players. It can at times be a toxic culture, I get that. I have a pretty fair streak of light trolls going. Still, I think this is something we need to try to work around for now, until we see a shift in Romanian/Asterian policy.

(And if you don't believe that Romania has access to information that other countries don't, in both resource wars, Romania came out glistening, where in the second one no other country really knew how resources would work, apart from Romania itself.)

- A fantasy cabinet? oooh...
CP - Me
VP - Emerick
CoS - Pig in Zen
Defense - Vanek and Avruch
Media - Jude, Nicholas Ryan, Aramec, Hadrian X
Education - Rainy
Foreign Affairs - Molly Emma, Artela, uh... Pfeiffer.
DoCA - No idea.

These people would not work well together half the time I tell you what, but that would be a wonderful cabinet of fun and amazement, if not just capital levels of trolling. :')
Back to top Go down
Ilene Dover
Insurgent
Insurgent
avatar

Posts : 244
Join date : 2016-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Senryaku wrote:


When you say work well together, I assume you mean Pacifica. So the problem with Pacifica right now is how split we are as an alliance in terms of goals, orientations (towards other allies), and really just willingness to communicate effectively to eachother overall. Or that's my assessment. I've never been invovled in major FA talks, but getting in touch with foreign MoDs and talking to them in order to achieve maximum damage directed to any given battle, whether it's ours or theirs, it can break out into infighting surprisingly easily.

No, I was meaning as a country.  Internally.  Roping other countries into the effort is really an FA problem.  Coordination in the eUS, in my experience anyway, is based off the Secretaries of Defence and State sitting in a mass PM with the commanders of the major MUs.  Defence priorities are stated.  MUs are expected to conform.  There is no real attempt to harness the billions of damage done to national purposes.  It's just assumed by the executive that people hit where their MU priorities are listed. I'm not aware of any audit on the effectiveness of this strategy, or anyone trying alternative strategies.  And yes, I know the DoD orders paper is there.  With 3 votes, maximum, you have to admit that the readership is not large.  

What I was getting at is this.  You implicitly acknowledge that what we're doing now is not working.  What are you going to do differently as President?  Why haven't you tried this already as Sexretary of Defence?



Senryaku wrote:


When it comes to US vs. UK and how we've been losing, it's not a question of internal organization. It's more of a question of FA. I've been trying to gather as much international support as I can, as SecDef, but the state of our alliance right now has really not been good for doing that. These are the damage breakdown graphs for the past three battles we've had. I think it displays the problem pretty well.

It's a problem that right now I'll only vaguely say I'll try to 'fix' along with my FA team. To just bring Pacifica closer. And while risking sounding like Donald Trump, Pacifica's organiziational skills are horrible right now, absolutely attrocious. We're a laughing stock.

Your charts paint a pretty awful picture.  Changing them is an FA problem though, with direction and oversight from the CP (whoever it ends up being).  Have you discussed this issue with your FA team?  What is the direction you're going give?  "Just make it better!" doesn't really count...


Senryaku wrote:

- A fantasy cabinet? oooh...
CP - Me
VP - Emerick
CoS - Pig in Zen
Defense - Vanek and Avruch
Media - Jude, Nicholas Ryan, Aramec, Hadrian X
Education - Rainy
Foreign Affairs - Molly Emma, Artela, uh... Pfeiffer.
DoCA - No idea.

These people would not work well together half the time I tell you what, but that would be a wonderful cabinet of fun and amazement, if not just capital levels of trolling. :')

Would this just be a hangout cabinet?  Or actually effective?  Neutral

I suppose at least you'd get a 2+ page PDB regularly...


Last edited by Ilene Dover on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took the big-arse graphs out of the quote)
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 am

In my research as SecDef, I can tell you that people will hit for the US. Obviously they hit for the US. A good percentage of damage goes to these battles.

This isn't because the MUs set their DOs in the right place, it's just the default go-to for people to hit for. They're conditioned to fighting for their country. In fact, MUs have little control over where their members actually hit unless they themselves have organized a narrative with a goal (see when EZC organizes themselves with a target in mind.)
Now when I send messages to the MUs, it's not because I expect them to rally all of their guys. They'll only do that when they want to. The main purpose of those communications is to keep them in the know to the best of my abilities.

I would appreciate you not using really demonizing language, when it's clearly uncalled for. It paints a good (albeit false) narrative, which I know is what you're getting at, and yes I have plans for such things - allow me to write my article on it, this question will be answered.

And I don't want to make the response to all of your questions in this post "I'm going to write about it", but wrt your FA question, It's coming out in a few hours tops. Hold your breath for juust a minute. Smile


---


It'd be effective (kinda) AND a hangout cabinet. Like a dysfunctional family.
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:44 pm

[Senry4CP] Wildcard!
https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2629539/1/20
V/S/C and stuff.

I know you love me.
Back to top Go down
Eddie A.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
avatar

Posts : 640
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:30 pm

I dont though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/8700295
Ghost of Tom Joad
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Cincinnati

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:30 pm

You are coming out of the gate early, with a lot of this.
I still love ya Senry.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:56 pm

I want to have an article out every two days.
Keep it in the top 5

So that as many people as possible notice.
Back to top Go down
Ilene Dover
Insurgent
Insurgent
avatar

Posts : 244
Join date : 2016-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:28 am

C'mon guys, I can't ask questions about this one without looking pretty stupid...

There's some obvious ones. "A bigger Pacifica" = who?


Fucking Orion = ??? in the context of current negotiations.


We will fight and spend for our allies = max taxes?
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 am

Ilene Dover wrote:
C'mon guys, I can't ask questions about this one without looking pretty stupid...

There's some obvious ones.  "A bigger Pacifica" =  who?


Fucking Orion = ??? in the context of current negotiations.


We will fight and spend for our allies = max taxes?  

I hope this misunderstanding of how active even your own party is won't translate into a media flop in your campaign xd

Bigger Pacifica = Initially looking at Arg/Bra

Fucking Orion = Dismaying over the fact that our allies aren't helping us enough to beat even Orion. To be able to fuck, rather than to be fucking. Pay attention.

And no. Not max taxes.
Exec doesn't have control over taxes. You know that.
Back to top Go down
Ilene Dover
Insurgent
Insurgent
avatar

Posts : 244
Join date : 2016-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 am

Senryaku wrote:
Ilene Dover wrote:
C'mon guys, I can't ask questions about this one without looking pretty stupid...

There's some obvious ones.  "A bigger Pacifica" =  who?


Fucking Orion = ??? in the context of current negotiations.


We will fight and spend for our allies = max taxes?  

I hope this misunderstanding of how active even your own party is won't translate into a media flop in your campaign xd

Bigger Pacifica = Initially looking at Arg/Bra

Fucking Orion = Dismaying over the fact that our allies aren't helping us enough to beat even Orion. To be able to fuck, rather than to be fucking. Pay attention.

And no. Not max taxes.
Exec doesn't have control over taxes. You know that.


Very droll. Smile


This happens every month, me getting stuck in the role of Comrade Inquisitor. Check the archive of old lobbyists below the current threads - it's getting a bit old now. Those weren't questions meant entirely for you. Someone else was supposed to pick up the gist of them and ask something pertinent.


Spending is a problem for the Executive. We're 20% down on cash reverses since pre-Christmas and we have nothing to show for it. If you're planning on spending for allies as well as the eUSA them something's gotta give somewhere, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Where raising tax by a single percentage would double income, and where money keeps getting approved, I'm sure congress people will find it in their hearts to give up an extra dollar a day.

But of course they don't have to. I don't plan to be flippant in spending, but if Congress sees fit to continue how it's going I see no problem. The money is meant to be spent after all. Having something to 'show for it' is a totally subjective and entirely fleeting thing. Nothing you spend it on will last. If we spent 50M cc on maintaining a dictatorship for a month against all of the big scary countries, after the money is gone, we'll have nothing to show for it. That's how this game works. Welcome.

And omg you just alluded to how much cash we may or may not have according to a certain congressional report at some point in time. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Back to top Go down
Lunete
Rebel
Rebel
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2015-07-26

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Hey old friend, I never suspected I'd be seeing this when I logged back in, I really should stop forgetting this game exists.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Lunete wrote:
Hey old friend, I never suspected I'd be seeing this when I logged back in, I really should stop forgetting this game exists.

Good luck!

VOTE FOR ME, SWEETHEART.

VOTE FOR MEEEE
Back to top Go down
Senryaku
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-07-12

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Komeko
Activist
Activist
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-11-25
Location : The Great State of Texas!

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:01 am

Sorry about what happened in the Fed primaries, that's rough.
Back to top Go down
Ilene Dover
Insurgent
Insurgent
avatar

Posts : 244
Join date : 2016-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 am

Komeko wrote:
Sorry about what happened in the Fed primaries, that's rough.

Old boys club
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae   

Back to top Go down
 
[Senry4CP] Whip, Nae Nae
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Laney's Loft - Work Required
» Which is the best weapon?
» Gypsy whip and riding boots

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Socialist Freedom Party :: Osmany Ramon Public Square :: Presidential Business-
Jump to: